Bacon Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe
By Emily Leukhardt
Now, the moment you’ve been waiting for – our very own Bacon Broccoli Mac and Cheese recipe. This side dish is a true crowd-pleaser, combining the creaminess of mac and cheese with the smoky goodness of bacon and a touch of freshness from broccoli. It’s the perfect accompaniment to your Thanksgiving turkey or ham.
2 cups elbow macaroni
3 cups broccoli florets
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 cups milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup bacon bits (L&S Artisan Meats Bacon Bits work perfectly)
1/4 cup bread crumbs (for topping)
- Cook the elbow macaroni according to the package instructions, adding the broccoli during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cook for about 1-2 minutes until it forms a paste and begins to turn golden.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and continue cooking, whisking constantly until the mixture thickens.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the cheddar, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses. Stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Season the cheese sauce with salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix in the cooked macaroni, broccoli, and bacon bits.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Transfer the mac and cheese mixture to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the bread crumbs on top for a crunchy topping.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
Serve your Bacon Broccoli Mac and Cheese hot and enjoy!
Thanksgiving with L&S Artisan Meats
This Thanksgiving, why not add a dash of culinary excellence to your holiday celebration with L&S Artisan Meats? Our hams, sausages, stocks, and charcuterie are crafted with care and dedication to ensure you enjoy the best flavors on your table.
From our family to yours, we wish you a heartwarming and wonderful Thanksgiving. May your table be filled with delicious dishes and your hearts be filled with gratitude.